I’ve been wanting to share this little gem of a recipe with you for months, but I’m so easily distracted it kept getting pushed to the bottom of my ever-growing list of post ideas. Hands down Marinated Feta is one of my favorite ‘must-have-on-hand’ foods in my fridge. It’s simple to make and fantastic to eat. Play around with the herbs and spices or heat it up by adding a dried chili pepper. No matter what you do, within reason, this recipe’s a keeper! I’ll say no more. Well, I will but not here…
MARINATED FETA BITES
1 tablespoon whole fennel seeds
2 garlic cloves, minced
Extra-virgin olive oil
3 sprigs fresh rosemary
8 sprigs fresh thyme
8 ounces feta cheese, cut into 1-inch squares
- Place fennel seeds in heavy small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Shake skillet gently until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Layer garlic, fennel, fresh herbs and feta in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Cover with olive oil and refrigerate at least 1 day. (Can be made 1 week ahead. Keep refrigerated.)
- Bring cheese mixture to room temperature before serving.
THE LOVE: This is absolutely one of the most versatile recipes in my arsenal. Serve it with crusty bread, in salad, on pizza or mix it with your favourite olives and warm it up in the oven. I guarantee, it will disappear!
one year ago: grilled ribs
two years ago: herbed monkey bread
three years ago: fried buttermilk chicken
Feel free to share my post with your friends – that’s what it’s all about!
Thanks for reading.