How to make Father’s Day happy is not with ties, golf balls, a bottle of Scotch, garden tools or a phone call. Sorry, if any of these gifts were your plan this year – RETHINK.
Make your dad homemade ice cream – your dad’s favourite kind – sprinkled with crunchy over the top delicious candy coated toasted pecans otherwise known as PRALINES and he will remember this Father’s Day FOREVER!
Preheat oven 350*F
1/4 cup water
1 cup sugar
2 cups toasted pecan halves
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place pecan halves on lined baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes or until you can smell the toasted pecans.
- Remove from the pecans from oven and set aside.
- Combine the water and the sugar in a heavy bottomed saucepan over high heat.
- Gently swirl the pan around to melt the sugar evenly.
- Using a candy thermometer, cook the sugar until it reaches 370°F.
- Quickly pour syrup over the toasted pecans, covering all the nuts.
- Cool completely.
- Once the praline has cooled, chop it with a sharp knife.
- Store in an air-tight container.
THE LOVE: Watch your caramel closely! It goes from perfect to burnt in a millisecond.
one year ago: eggplant fritters
two years ago: pea shoot and quinoa salad pita pockets
three years ago: chocolate cupcakes
It’s awesome when you share…
Thanks for reading.