THE FARM IS DRIPPING WITH ROSES.
Climbing roses, wild roses, old-fashion roses and rambling roses have exploded at the farm. Every nook and corner is bursting with their perfume. When the air is still, you can taste their sweetness. When the wind blows, the blossoms loosen and the petals float. I decided to catch a basket full and make a pot of tea. La vie en rose…
ROSE PETAL TEA
Makes 4 teacups
- 2 cups fresh fragrant rose petals
- 3 cups boiling water
- Place your rose petals to a clean tea pot.
- Cover with boiling water.
- Place pot on stove to steep for 5 minutes on the lowest heat possible.
- Remove from heat and strain the hot rose petal tea into teacups.
- Sweeten with honey or sugar. I prefer mine straight up.
THE LOVE: Do not use or eat flowers from florists, nurseries, or garden centers. In many cases these flowers have been treated with pesticides not labeled for human consumption. The nicest tea comes from the most fragrant roses.
Thanks for reading.