Starbucks comes up with the yummiest, most addictive coffee-break treats on the planet.
Every season, Starbucks’ team of bakers create an irresistible sweet that I obsess over. Rather than run to the coffee shop every day, I decided to copy cat this season’s special treat. Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars are orange flavoured blondies studded with white chocolate chips and cranberries. They’re topped with orange flavoured cream cheese icing, chopped dried cranberries and orange zest and, wait for it, then drizzled with white chocolate. For anyone who lives close to me, I’ve got two cookie tins in my fridge, so feel free to drop by for a coffee date.
STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS – copy cat
1 cup butter, at room temperature – really soft
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons pure orange extract
2 cups flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
3/4 cup dried cranberries
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Line a 10 x 15 baking sheet with parchment paper. a small cookie pan
- With an electric mixer, beat together butter and sugars 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time and blend well.
- Add orange extract.
- Stir the flour, baking powder, and ginger together in a small bowl.
- Blend flour mixture into butter mixture.
- Add the cranberries and white chocolate chips, stirring just until incorporated.
- Spread the thick batter onto the prepared 10 x 15 baking pan. I dipped my finger tips in cool water, then carefully pushed the stiff batter into place.
- Bake 350 for 20-24 minutes until light brown and a skewer tests clean. Don’t over-bake or your bars will be dry.
- Let the bars cool completely.
3 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 tablespoons butter, softened
3 cups icing/confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons milk
1 teaspoon orange extract
- Blend cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Add milk, orange extract and icing/confectioners sugar and beat until frosting is fluffy.
- Spread evenly over COMPLETELY COOLED bars.
1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped coarsely
2 tablespoon zested orange rind I used the zest of 1 large navel orange.
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon canola oil
- Sprinkle zest and dried cranberries over frosted bars.
- Mix white chocolate and oil in a microwavable bowl.
- Microwave 1 minute; stirring every 15 seconds until chocolate is melted. Mine was done at 45 seconds.
- Use a fork to drizzle the white chocolate across the bars.
- Allow one hour for the white chocolate to set before cutting.
- Cut into 20 large squares (5 cuts by 4 cuts with the knife).
- Then cut each square in half diagonally to create triangles.
- These bars can be kept in the fridge for a couple of weeks in the freezer for up to 3 months.
THE LOVE: Resist the urge to over bake the bars or they’ll be dry and crumbly. You’re looking for moist and buttery.
Thanks for reading.