My Grilled Potato Salad will blow your mind! I know; that sounds a bit over the top. Believe me, it has less to do with my recipe and EVERYTHING to do with the brand new baby potatoes and fresh peas that you’re seeing at your local farmer’s markets this time of year. The potatoes are perfect for grilling. The skins get a lovely crunchy charred texture while the inside turns into rich creamy yumminess. The peas are perfect raw. When you put them together with a delicious tzatziki sauce, you’ve got magic in a bowl! If you’d rather forgo the calories added by the tzatzki, go ahead and eat your grilled baby potatoes with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of sea salt. The peas are fun just in a bowl on the table for snacking.
I KID YOU NOT. THEY ARE TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GRILLED POTATO SALAD WITH TZATZIKI
Preheat grill 450*F
1 quart baby new potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup fresh raw peas, shelled
Tzatziki, to taste – I used ¼ cup of commercial tzatziki
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon fresh summer savoury
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Scrub potatoes thoroughly.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl with olive oil and toss until well coated.
- Using tongs, place potatoes on preheated grill until slightly charred on the bottom.
- Turn potatoes over, decrease grill heat to low, close lid and grill until fork tender and charred on bottom. 8-10 minutes
- Place grilled potatoes back in bowl with remaining ingredients.
- Mix gently and serve.
THE LOVE: Watch your potatoes carefully while they’re on the grill. You want them golden to slightly charred not burnt!
one year ago: spaghetti with peas and pancetta
two yers ago: raspberry lemon verbena sorbet
three years ago: Thai carrot salad
Thanks for reading.