Zucchini Carpaccio has fantastic flavour, texture and aroma.
I saw Zucchini Carpaccio, a server was placing it on a guest’s table, while I was walking past a little trattoria in Cortona Italy. It stopped me right in my tracks. I ran inside, found out what it was called and made a reservation for lunch the next day. It was like a taste explosion in my mouth. I’ve made it many times since in different configurations with different combinations of herbs and cheeses. This recipe is a keeper!
ZUCCHINI CARPACCIO WITH MASCARPONE AND MINT – serves 2 – 4
- 2 – 8 ounce zucchini, shaved into ribbons with a vegetable peeler
- 1 large lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tiny mint leaves for garnish
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red chili flakes
- Place mascarpone to a medium bowl then fold in the coarsely chopped mint, lemon zest. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread your ricotta mixture onto your favorite platter, drizzle with olive oil.
- Place your zucchini carpaccio ribbons into a bowl with half of the lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Using your hand, toss the zucchini well.
- Spread the mascarpone mixture onto a platter then heap the zucchini carpaccio on top, leaving an edge so the mascarpone shows.
- Sprinkle the tiny mint leaves and dried chili flakes for garnish around the platter.
The Love: This salad is gorgeous on top of grilled bread as a jacked up bruschetta. Spread the mascarpone and mint mixture directly on the bread then top with the zucchini carpaccio. Also, try sprinkling grated parmesan or pecorino on top. Double cheese is never bad!
Stay safe. Stay home and cook.
Get More Recipes Like This In Your Inbox
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes right in your inbox.