How different the world is since I wrote this post. Covid is keeping families apart all over the world. Please wear your mask. We all want to be together again.
In one week Meggie will be here with Coen, followed shortly after by Sara, Kaitie and Theo. To say that I’m excited doesn’t even come close. I’m vibrating! To have my kids home for a holiday, at the same time, is the most wonderful form of chaos. With all of the entertaining we do at the farm during the summer, I’m always on the hunt for easy, quick and delicious snacks.
This STRAWBERRY SALSA is all over the internet, so I gave it a whirl.
The proportion of strawberry to jalapeno is really important. Mine was a bit throat catching hot so I adjusted my recipe to make the salsa milder. If you like it hot, increase the jalapenos. The strawberries mixed with everything else is a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. This ones a keeper!
- 1 quart strawberries, hulled and finely diced
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced
- half of a small red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped, loosely-packed
- juice and zest of 1 lime
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toss all ingredients together, gently, until combined.
- Season with extra salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with taco chips.
Thanks for reading.
Get More Recipes Like This In Your Inbox
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes right in your inbox.