Super Bowl Nachos are just that – nachos worthy of watching Tom brady play in his tenth super Bowl. Even if you’re not a Brady fan, you need to make these Super Bowl Nachos. They’re absolutely the best nachos on the planet! Have plenty of ice cold beer and sturdy napkins on hand and you’ll win Super Bowl MVP!
- 6 firm jalapeño peppers, sliced 1/8 inch rings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Place vinegar, water, sugar and sea salt in a small saucepan.
- Place over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Stir until sea salt and sugar are completely dissolved.
- Place sliced jalapeños and garlic in a small non-reactive bowl.
- Pour brine over jalapeños and allow to sit for at least 1 hour.
- 2 packages fresh corn tortillas
- 2 liters canola oil
- Preheat oven 200*F
- Cut tortillas into quarters – same size as nacho chips
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes the turn over and bake the other side for 5 minutes.
- Continue with all of your tortillas
- Heat canola oil in a deep pot to 350*F
- When oil is hot, add chips in batches, don’t over crowd. Fry for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Place golden nacho chips on paper towel to drain.
- Continue until all of the chips are fried.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, grated on a Microplane
- 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the avocados from top to bottom and twist in half. Pull out and discard the pit. Using a spoon, remove the flesh and place into a medium-sized bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients. Using a fork gently mash the avocado mixture until you reach the texture you prefer.
- To store your guacamole until you are ready to serve it, cover it with plastic wrap directly against the guacamole. Press the plastic wrap into it with your fingers to prevent any air getting to it and causing it to go brown.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 oz block old cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 can Ro-Tel Tomatoes and Chilies, drained
Melt the butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat.
Once the butter is melted add the flour.
Whisk until combined and starts to bubble around the edges and it begins to smell nutty. You want to cook the flour but not brown it.
Slowly pour the milk into the roux and continue whisking until completely incorporated.
Once the milk is incorporated, raise the heat to high and bring to just before the boil.
Immediately lower the heat and reduce to a simmer. Allow the sauce to thicken slightly.
Add the cayenne pepper and salt and whisk to combine.
Turn off the heat, and remove the saucepan from the heat.
Add the cheese and gently stir, allowing the cheese to melt.
- Stir in 1/2 can Ro-Tel drained tomatoes and chilies.
- Continue stirring until smooth.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Brown beef in a medium skillet over medium high heat.
- Move beef to one side of the skillet and add onion and garlic.
- Fry onion and garlic for 2 minutes then stir into beef.
- Add dried spices and mix well.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil and reduce until thick.
- Remove from heat.
BUILDING YOUR SUPER BOWL NACHOS
- 1 lb old cheddar, grated
- 1 lb Monterey Jack, grated
- Preheat oven to 300.F
- Place your serving platter on a baking sheet.
- Place a layer of taco chips then sprinkle with a handful of grated old cheddar then a handful of grated Monterey Jack.
- Next several ladles of taco meat, then drizzle with queso and sprinkle with pickled jalapenos
- Repeat until your ingredients are gone.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes. The cheese should look gooey.
- Serve with guacamole, chopped onion, diced tomatoes and sour cream.
THE LOVE: SUPER BOWL NACHOS REQUIRES STAMINA. DON’T CHEAT BY USING STORE BOUGHT TACO CHIPS. THEY WON’T STAND UP TO THE WEIGHT OF THE TOPPINGS. GO FOR GOLD. YOU’LL BE HAPPY YOU DID!
Stay safe. xo
Get More Recipes Like This In Your Inbox
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes right in your inbox.