Meatballs can be succulent morsels of deliciousness or golf balls – you decide.
There are a number of dishes that separate the “girls from the women” so to speak and meatballs is one of them. Anyone can throw together those little golf balls that are always on the buffet table. Making delicious, delicate and dreamy meatballs is not only about the ingredients it is about the technique.
The most important thing to remember when making meatballs is to use a light touch. Something about mixing meats together tends to make us aggressive. Mix the meats well but gently. Try to imagine that air is the secret ingredient and you need to add it!
- 1lb beef medium fat content, freshly ground
- 1/2 lb pork shoulder, freshly ground
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 slices white bread, crusts removed cut into 1/4 inch cubes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup imported parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven 400*F
- Place bread cubes in a medium sized mixing bowl with milk to soak for 10 minutes
- Add the bread crumbs, parsley, rosemary, salt, pepper, garlic, onion and grated parmesan and mix gently with a rubber spatula.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well
- Add ground beef and pork, using your hands, mix gently but well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using large ice cream scoop, place meatballs on baking tray…bake 20 – 22 minutes. If you have an instant read meat probe the temperature should be 160*F
THE LOVE: Make sure you use your hands to ensure that your meatballs are tender and moist. These meatballs freeze perfectly.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.