Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with my delicious Fresh Strawberry Margarita rimmed in a fresh mint. You may never drink the frozen version again!
Fresh Strawberry Margarita
1 ounces Grand Marnier
2 ounces Tequila
2 ounces lime juice
2 ounces strawberry simple syrup*
Mint Glass Rimmer*
Strawberry Simple Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 quart fresh strawberries, hulled
- Place water and sugar in a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil stirring often to dissolve the sugar.
- Turn off heat and let cool completely.
- Place strawberries in your food processor and pulse several times until the berries are coarsely chopped
- Mix 1 cup simple syrup with chopped strawberries.
Fresh Mint Glass Rimmer
1 bunch fresh mint, leaves picked
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup salt
- Place ingredients in your food processor and whiz until it looks like green sand
- Rim the ridge of your glass with a lime wedge then dip it in the mint mixture.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine tequila, Grand Marnier, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds.
- Pour and serve.
THE LOVE: This recipe can be easily doubled, quadrupled…
Thanks for reading.