Greek Yogurt Chicken will become one of your go-to dishes when you’re looking for a crazy easy, rich, tangy, delicious chicken dish. My daughter, Meaghan prepared it for our family this past summer at the farm. It was a sticky hot day to have to cook so this recipe was perfect!
With minimal ingredients, she delivered my favourite meal of the summer. If you follow me on Instagram, you know I’ve just returned from Greece. I chased the flavor profile of her Greek Yogurt Chicken all over Paros with no success. I’ve been craving it since August so tonight’s the night.
Meaghan used skinless, boneless chicken thighs which were lovely but tonight I’m trying skinless, boneless chicken breasts to see how the breast meat responds to the yogurt marinade. I love the idea of infusing the chicken breasts with rich creamy yogurt spiked with garlic, lemon and warm spices. Honestly, I prefer my chicken breast on the bone with it’s skin because without I find the meat has little to no flavour on it’s own.
You can play around with the fresh herbs and spices. Dill or mint could replace the flat parsley or you could use all three. If you like more heat, exchange the paprika for your favorite chili powder but you might want to add a little less. Taste as you go and you won’t go wrong.
I’m serving my Greek Yogurt Chicken tonight with homemade pita bread and homemade tziki. Add a salad or your favorite potato dish and you have a delicious, healthy meal for any night of the week.
Thanks for reading.
- 1 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup fresh flat Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized mixing bowl, except chicken, and blend well.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish then completely cover with yogurt marinade.
- Cover baking dish with film wrap and place in your refrigerator for four hours.
- After the four hours are up, preheat oven to 425*F
- Scrape off most of the marinade then place chicken breasts on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Season chicken with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Bake for 17 - 21 minutes. Use a meat probe to check the chicken. It should be at 165*F
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
THE LOVE: You have to use full fat Greek yogurt. Anything else will fail you!