Rhubarb Juice is summertime perfection in a glass! The color is stunning, the taste rock star and better still you can add it to any clear bubbly beverage and create a gorgeous summer cocktail. Whether you use alcohol or non-alcoholic mixes, you’ll end up with a delicious, thirst quenching drink to serve on Canada Day.
I’m sure you don’t need my help to create a signature libation but just because I can’t help myself here’s a couple of Hooton family treasures:
NON-ALCOHOLIC RHUBARB SPRITZER: equal parts rhubarb juice and Canada Dry Tonic Water poured over a tall glass of ice garnished with a fat ripe strawberry!
RHUBARBELLINI: say that 5 times fast! Chill a tall fluted champagne glass. Fill glass 1/3 with rhubarb juice then top off with ice cold Prosecco. Drop a strawberry carefully into the bottom of the glass and ENJOY!
RHUBARB JUICE WITH LEMON THYME
Makes 7 cups
4 cups rhubarb, cut into 1” pieces
4 cups water
- Place in a medium sized pot over medium high heat
- Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes
- Allow mixture to drain through a colander into a large bowl
Lemon-Thyme Simple Syrup
1 ½ cups sugar
1 ½ cups water
1 large branch of lemon-thyme
- Place in a medium sized pot over high heat
- Boil 5 minutes then remove from heat
Juice of ½ lemon
- Place the rhubarb water, lemon-thyme simple syrup, the lemon juice and thyme branch into a large pot.
- Place over medium high heat and bring to a boil
- Boil for 2 minutes
- Pour into sterilized jars
- Seal jars then store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days or in the freezer up to 3 months.
THE LOVE: Make sure you leave sufficient head room in the storage container if you are planning on freezing your rhubarb juice. This will allow the juice to expand when it freezes without cracking your container.
one year ago: strawberry rhubarb pie
two years ago: off to Italy
three years ago: homemade ricotta with strawberry rhubarb marmellata
Recipes are for sharing so feel free to share my post with your friends.
Have a safe and Happy Canada Day and thanks for reading.
Get More Recipes Like This In Your Inbox
Join my mailing list to receive the latest recipes right in your inbox.